Big news — we just added an eCheck option to our Payments feature, so now you can accept eCheck AND credit cards through Joist.
If you’re already familiar with how our Payments feature works, just go into your Joist App account, create or edit an invoice, and you’ll see a Toggle button for eCheck.
Otherwise, here’s some additional info we thought you might find helpful.
What is eCheck and how will it help my business?
- Electronic check (or “eCheck”) is a convenient way to have your client pay you online using their banking information, so you can go paperless and avoid unnecessary trips to the jobs site or bank just to get paid
- Like paper checks, clients pay directly through their bank account using their banking info
- Transaction fees are just 1.5% up to maximum of $15 per transaction, making eCheck a good option for larger projects
How do I use eCheck?
eCheck is very similar to our Credit Cards option:
- Whenever you issue an invoice through Joist, you can switch eCheck ON / OFF
- If you choose ON, your client can pay you online through eCheck with just a few clicks as soon as they receive your invoice
How long does it take for payments to clear?
Just like our Credit Card option, when your client pays you the money arrives instantly in your free Joist Payments account.
From there, like paper checks, it will take 5–7 business days for the payment to clear and be available in your bank account.
Do I have to use Joist Payments on all my invoices?
You definitely do NOT — you have complete control here.
Just like our Credit Cards option, you can use our eCheck option as much or as little as you want by switching the eCheck toggle ON or OFF on each invoice.
Many of our users like the eCheck option for larger projects and Credit Card option for smaller projects, but it’s totally up to you!
How do I get started?
- Step 1: create an invoice, and on the Edit Invoice screen switch the eCheck option to ON
- Step 2: send that invoice to your client
- Step 3: your client clicks a “Pay Now” button on the invoice, and pays online using their banking info
- Step 4: check your email to connect your bank account and receive the funds
Get Started Today
To start accepting eCheck payments through Joist, just open the Joist App, create or edit an invoice, and follow the prompts on screen for eCheck.
You can also give us a shout at 1 (800) 976 9261 or [email protected] and we can help you get set up!