Last year we launched Joist Payments, allowing you to accept online payments from your clients directly through the invoices you send them.
We added this feature to the Joist App for 2 big reasons:
- Customers kept telling us they were losing jobs to competitors who were offering the client fancy online payment options, like credit card and E-Check/Debit
- Customers kept telling us how much time they were wasting every week chasing down payment from their clients ⌛️
What Are Customers Saying Now?
There are thousands of contractors using Joist Payments every week.
Even more exciting is that many of them are now winning up to 30% more of their bids — and getting paid 2x faster— simply by offering the online payment option to clients.
Commitment to Professionalism: it shows potential clients you take your work seriously and use the latest technology to run your business properly
Dedication to Customer Service: offering a more convenient way of paying shows potential clients you care about their experience
Credit vs. cash: some clients don’t have the cash on-hand but can still move forward with the job using credit card. Other clients may have the cash but still prefer to pay with credit card for the points
Client can Pay Instantly: your client can now pay you online as soon as they receive your invoice, so you don’t have to schedule a meeting just to go collect payment
How does Joist Payments work?
It’s super easy to use, and once you turn payments on it runs on autopilot.
More New Features!
We’ve also added a few other features to help you get even more value out of Joist Payments.
Markups — You can quickly and easily incorporate credit card payment processing fees into your pricing.
- Simply apply a markup % or $ to your estimate or invoice
- Guarantees you account for profit + overhead
- Totally optional on each job, and is only visible to you if you use it
- Learn more about Markups here or try it out on your next Estimate or Invoice
Deposits — You can now request a Deposit when you issue Estimates/Invoices and your client can instantly pay online.
- Simply add a Deposit % or $ to your estimate or invoice
- Your client receives a document that clearly shows the exact amount due
- They can instantly pay online so you get the funds needed to start the job right away
- Learn more about Deposits here or try it out on your next Estimate or Invoice
Leveling Up with Joist Payments
Over the past month, we’ve started seeing more and more customers getting started with Joist Payments in preparation for the upcoming season.
To set themselves up for success, they’re focusing on Joist Payments as a core tool to help take their businesses to the next level this year.
Set yourself up for a more successful and less stressful busy season by turning Payments ON on your next invoice!