Big news — we’re officially launching our Markups feature to help ensure you generate the profit you deserve on every job.
You’ll see the feature right below the Subtotal line.
Or if you’re interested in learning more, here’s some info we thought might be helpful:
Why should I use Markups?
- Markups lets you add a specific amount of profit/overhead (% or $) to your pricing to ensure your jobs are always profitable
- It makes it easier to offer online payment options like credit card to your clients by incorporating the fees into your price
- With just a tap, Markups can guarantee you never undercharge again
How do I use Markups?
- As with everything we do at Joist, we tried to make Markups as simple and easy to use as possible
- Step 1: When you’re editing an estimate or invoice in Joist, simply tap on the Markup button below the Subtotal line
- Step 2: Next add your desired markup as either a $ amount or a % of the overall project and hit ‘Done’
- The markup gets added to the Estimate or Invoice total, ensuring you generate the profit you want and never lose money on a job again
Can my client see my markup?
Your markups are your business, and are only visible to you when you’re editing an Estimate or Invoice.
Do I have to use Markups all the time or not at all?
Absolutely NOT. Using Markups is totally optional at all times, so you can use it as much or as little as you want.
Many of our customers like to use Markups to easily account for the payment processing fee from the credit card option they offer their clients, but it’s completely up to you!
Is Markups free or does it cost money?
Markups is totally FREE — we’ve added it to help you make MORE money, not LESS!
How do I get started?
- Step 1: start a new estimate or new invoice, and on the Edit screen tap the ‘Markup’ button just below the Subtotal
- Step 2: specify the markup you’d like to add, either as a $ amount or a % of the project
- Step 3: send that document to your client when it’s ready
- Step 4: earn a healthy profit, and never lose money on a job again
Get Started Today
To get started just follow the 4 steps above or give us a shout at [email protected] and we can help you get set up!